Friday, August 21, 2015

Running Sucks

So, I drastically underestimated the difficulty of losing weight!  It has been three weeks since I started my journey and I've lost a whopping 3 pounds!  I guess that is about one a week but in previous weight loss endeavors it has taken far less effort.  I know, you don't have to say it, I'm old now!  Things don't work like they used to!


I've taken up running!  I've missed maybe 3 days since we've returned from vacation, and I do at least 30 minutes a day.  I run down to the Keystone Trail which is along a dirty little creek.  I had to buy workout clothes and running shoes, because I basically haven't made an honest attempt at regular exercise since we got married.


Why did I choose running you ask?  I know, it pretty much sucks the entire time I do it.  I could have chosen something else, but the truth is, I hate all forms of exercise, so there really isn't something that I would particularly "enjoy."  I also wanted something that was relatively free to do, and something that would kick my butt in the shortest time commitment possible.



At least there are some geese to check out along the way!  There are hazards though.  First of all, there is the weather, and that has been my biggest excuse.  It is always hot as heck.  I decided to just suck it up.  It isn't like some clouds would make it pleasant.  There are also a ton of bugs.  Right now, it is grasshoppers.  I actually got hit in the face by one.  They are HUGE, and they are difficult to miss while I run by.  Luckily I haven't had to step on one yet, but there is plenty of evidence of previous carnage by other runners and bikers.


I convinced my neighbor Valerie to come with me sometimes!  She hates it too but we both know it is good for us.  Even though the scale doesn't show it, I feel that I look better.  It is probably one of those building muscle nonsense things.  I do feel better too, and I guess that is cool.


Valerie checking out the love locks on the bridge as an excuse to stop running for a minute.  She is moving to Georgia tomorrow though, so I need a new running partner!


Today it was Grace!  We didn't go on the trail, but we did laps at the park with Faster (that is the name Grace gave her bike) with me running beside her.



It is time to try some pedals!

I plan to continue the running thing for a while.  I hope the scale starts showing some serious results!

5 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! Slow and steady is the way to permanent weight loss. Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya look great! Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great, Rebecca, and I admire your hard work. (Yes, it IS hard to exercise when it's so hot! I use that excuse frequently, too! :-] )

    ReplyDelete