Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Three Weeks Old!

 Grace is three weeks old!  Here she is lounging on the couch.

The last two days/nights she has been a bit fussy.  Last night in particular, she woke us up 4 times in the span of 1 hour.  Each time, I picked her up, got her calmed down and asleep, only to be awakened again shortly after.  It wasn't until the last time in my groggy zombie state did I realize that she would instantly fall asleep as soon as I held her close in my arms.  I discovered that my baby loves to snuggle!  
Now I shouldn't complain about that, because snuggling is definitely a good thing and a trait she gets from her father.  Who wouldn't want to snuggle up to this all the time?  This is my view much of the day, including two hours sitting up on the couch last night.  But as one friend pointed out, this may be a trap.  Am I going to be holding Baby Grace until she is age 5?  She may be playing me already!
Yesterday she received her first meal via bottle.  Daddy finally gets to participate with feeding, something he was deeply desiring.  I don't mind sharing, and an added bonus is pumping takes much less time than nursing. 
Another outfit involving pants.  Baby pants are kind of ridiculous because you have to take them all the way off to do diaper changes, and those occur... extremely often.  But they are too dang cute to avoid!  As evidenced here. 

5 comments:

  1. Pretty little Grace! She has huge, beautiful eyes! Nice boob shot, by the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel less shy about my body these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Yes, all modesty goes out the window after you've given birth. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the snuggling while you can! Maddie would literally cuddle and sleep in my arms 24 hours a day when she was a baby....now, I can barely get a hug and oh, how I miss the cuddling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. We need to come for another visit!

    ReplyDelete