Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Last Summer Post

It has been a hard week for my family.  We lost our Patriarch, a great pillar of our family whom we all looked up to.  He set a long and beautiful example of how to live a great life and we all are so thankful for that in many ways.  I could go on and on about him, but I don't think the internet is really the appropriate forum for me.  Just know that I think it is safe to say that we are all broken hearted right now, and though we will never be healed, we are learning to carry on.   That is why I thought a post featuring the last of our summer trip photos might lighten the mood a bit.  


On the last leg of our journey, we drove past some pioneer landmarks.  I wanted to stop and take pictures, and though Jason humored me, he was pretty annoyed by the whole thing because we were hot and tired.  Independence Rock is also a rest area, so that is nice and convenient.  


We also stopped at Scotts bluff which offered some pretty cool views.  


Grace enjoyed getting out of the car and taking a stroll with Daddy, though she really wanted to get down and crawl around herself!


Another crazy view of Scotts Bluff.  It was, like most things, much better in person.  I can imagine why this was a landmark for the pioneers after all the flatness.  


We're number one!  Go team Strom!

Much love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. I think she is saying "dat" because she wants your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have officially seen way more of Nebraska than both me and Eric.

    Hugs, friends.

    ReplyDelete